R & L FOODS
Where everything tastes just right
Who are we?
R and L foods is brought to you by two east coast natives who both share a love for food. Our site will offer healthy alternative options as well as offer recipes that even the most inexperienced cook can make themselves, for under $20. As college students our goal is to offer and promote tasty, healthy meals at affordable prices.
Whether you’re looking for something quick and light, or one of our hearty meals, we offer an array of healthy, delicious options.
Macadamia Nut Pancakes
- 1 cup flour*
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup light vanilla soy milk*
- 1 1/2 Tbsp avocado oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 4 Tbsp dairy-free white chocolate chips
- 3 Tbsp macadamia nuts (lightly
- 1. Preheat griddle or skillet to medium heat.
- 2.Combine wet ingredients in a large bowl. Then add dry ingredients to a sifter and sift into the wet (excluding white chocolate and macadamia nuts).
- 3.Stir batter until just combined and no large lumps remain, then add white chocolate chips and macadamia nuts and stir. Let batter rest for 5 minutes.
- 4.Spoon 1/4-cup measurements onto a lightly greased griddle. Flip when bubbles appear on top or the edges look dry, then cook for 1-2 minutes more.
- 5.Serve with vegan butter and agave nectar or maple syrup, or a few more white chocolate chips.
- 1 slice of bread (I like thick-sliced whole-grain bread best)
- ½ ripe avocado
- Pinch of salt
- OPTIONAL– Egg
- Flour Tortilla: Heat for 30 seconds
- Cheese: Cheddar, Colby or Mozzarella
- Eggs: whisk the eggs with a splash of milk so they cook soft and fluffy.
- Bacon: substitute with breakfast sausage or chopped ham
- Toppings: Guacamole & Salsa
- ⅓ cup quick oats
- 3 tablespoons plant based milk
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Topped with any fruits
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 slices challah, brioche, or white bread
- 1/2 cup maple syrup, warmed
I’m Audrey and I am a part-time healthy eater! I can’t resist my occasional fast food fix. Being back home…
Sup y’all! I’m a college student who loves to eat but am limited by a budget, as many college students…
Hello! I am a college student that was born and raised in Hawaiʻi. I always enjoyed helping my mom and…
Aloha! I’m a writer and student based in Honolulu who loves to cook, eat and dine out! Some of my…
- 4 slices white bread
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 slices Cheddar cheese
South Western Sandwich
- 1 onion
- sliced carrots
- romain lettuce
- white bread
- 2 cups cooked chicken
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 stalk celery
- 1 green onion
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon salt
- pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon fresh dill
- Rye Bread
- Beef Pastrami thinly sliced
- Cheese (Optional)
- Pickles (Optional)
Fried Chicken Wings
Served with hot sauce or Buffalo sauce on the side.
- 2 small chicken wings
- ¼ teaspoon seasoned salt, or to taste
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) bottle Buffalo wing sauce (such as Frank’s®), or to taste
- 2 quarts vegetable oil for frying
- Step 1. Season chicken wings lightly with seasoned salt.
- Step 2. Mix flour, salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper, and paprika together in a wide, shallow bowl. Press wings into flour mixture to coat and arrange onto a large plate so they do not touch. Refrigerate coated wings for 15 to 30 minutes.
- Step 3. Dredge wings again in flour mixture and return to the plate. Refrigerate wings again 15 to 30 minutes.
- Step 4. Heat oil in a deep-fryer or large saucepan to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Step 5. Fry chicken wings in hot oil until crisp and no longer pink at the bone and the juices run clear, 9 to 12 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the meat, near the bone should read 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).
- Step 6. Transfer fried wings to a large stainless steel bowl. Drizzle sauce over the wings and toss to coat.
Linguine w/White Clam Sauce
- 1 (16 ounce) package linguini pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 (6.5 ounce) cans minced clams, with juice
- ¼ cup clam juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- Step 1. In a large pot with boiling salted water cook linguini pasta until al dente.
- Step 2. Meanwhile, in a medium sized saucepan using medium heat cook olive oil and minced garlic until garlic is translucent. Add chopped clams, clam juice or water, and chopped parsley. Add salt and ground black pepper to taste. Bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Step 3. Toss pasta with clam sauce. Serve warm.
- 2 gloves garlic
- 4 cups basil
- ¾ cheese
- ½-¾ olive oil
- ½ pine nuts
- Salt and pepper
- Blend in mixer
Loaded Cheese Fries
- NACHO’ CHEESE
- 1 cup water
- 1 Bag-Ore Ida Extra Crispy Fast Food Fries
- 4 ounces canned tomato sauce (about 1/3 cup)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 lb Ground Beef
- OPTIONAL-Onions, Peppers, Jalapenos, Ground Beef
Honey Garlic Tofu
- 2 teaspoons of honey
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic
- 6 tablespoons soy sauce
Mac and Cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) box elbow macaroni
- ¼ cup butter
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ground black pepper to taste
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
R & L Foods
2500 Campus Road, Hawaii, HI 96814
Monday-Saturday: 11:00am – 9:00pm